Monday, February 10, 2014

Small Victories


My number one focus this year is weight loss and healthy living. Time to get honest..... this is not the first time that this has been my "number one focus"....or even the second. Truthfully weight loss has been something that I have struggled with for over a decade.

I am 30 pounds over my ideal healthy weight. No 30 lb. overweight is not 200 lb. or even 50 lb. but here's the thing, it is overweight, it is unhealthy and most importantly it is the area in my life that I feel the most defeated.

I know for a fact that Jesus dose not want me to live a life of defeat. He has made me (and you) victorious. I need to loose this weight because I need victory in this area of my life. I need to be free of this burden.

Last year I read Lisa TerKeurst's book "Made to Crave". It is a very encouraging book and I highly recommend it. Currently I am going through her daily devotional by the same name. Today's message was about living in victory and it really hit home for me.

This whole time I have had the mind set that once I reach my goal weight I will be able to live in victory, but today I realized how wrong that thought process is. Jesus want's me to live in victory today, not a year from now. I can live in victory every single time I make a choice that brings me a step closer to my goal. Guess what? The little stuff counts! Walking away from a cake in the break room is living in victory right now, today!

Isn't that reassuring? Today, whatever you are struggling to change, make a list of all your small victories so you can celebrate them. After all, most of the great thing's that happen in life don't happen all at once, they happen one small step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment