Thursday, March 27, 2014

Weigh In


After two months I think it's about time for an official weigh in. Im excited to share that as of today I have lost 14lb. I recently shared a few fitness tips that I feel have greatly contributed to my success so far, but today I wanted to share a few more.

Support: One of the differences that I have found between this time, and all the other times I have tried to lose wight, is that this time I don't feel so alone in my plight. My friends and family have always been supportive but it's just not the same as someone who is dealing with the same struggles as I am.

I have found this support through a few coworkers that are also on a weight loss/healthy living plan and the "Lose It" app that I have previously talked about. The bottom line here is you need the support so go and find it. Set yourself up for success, find accountability. I would love a bigger support system so let me know what your goals are and we can encourage each other.

A Bigger Picture: I know I have already talked about the book" Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst so I won't go on and on, but it has been so important for me to let the truths of this book sink in. I needed to figure out what the real root cause of my overeating was in order to make lasting changes. I turn to food in times of stress to bring joy to my tummy instead of turning to God who has the ability to bring joy to my heart. I need to put food in it's rightful place and not look to it to provide things it was never intended to.

Please let me know if any of this is helpful to you in any way and remember you are not alone.
Kristen




No comments:

Post a Comment