Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Love Like No Other?


One of the things that's been on my mind lately is how to love like Jesus. Now I realize that this probable sounds pretty cliche, but if Christians are supposed to be identifiable by they way that we love, I'm thinking it's a pretty important thing to figure out.

I have had a few interesting insights recently when examining the way that I show love, but I have also had a few impactful conversations with people I care about that have described how they have been shown "love" by other Christians. All I can say is that it shouldn't be a big shock that the word "Christian" leaves a bad taste in so many mouths. Loving selflessly can be a tall order, but common decency shouldn't be. It's not loving to tell someone that they or their loved ones are going to hell.

It makes me so sad that countless people that need the life altering love of Jesus are pushed away by hateful actions from those that should know first hand, what love looks like. I know we are all people, and people are flawed and make mistakes, I know I have made countless, but on behalf of all those "Christians" that have said or done hateful things, I would like to say I'm sorry and to let you know that it was not an example of what Jesus is all about.

People are not perfect, but as Christians, God's love should still be evident in our lives. I pray that if you have ever had a poor experience with a follower of Jesus, God would bring someone into your life that is a true example of His love.

Very Sincerely,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment