Friday, February 15, 2013

The Forever Wreath project


I'd like to take just a minute of your time to share with you a cause that has recently found it's way deep into my heart. It's called the "Forever Wreath" project.

Recently I received a very compelling letter and after reading it all the way though (three times) I knew I needed to act immediately. In order to save you some of the grief I felt in reading this letter in it's entirety, I will paraphrase it for you here:

Dear Home Owner,

All holiday decorations must be taken down within 30 days after the holiday ends. Take down your wreath or we'll fine you $25 dollars.

Your HOA

Now as we are averaging a daily high of around 35 degrees in the great state of Idaho, I still consider it to be winter. As you may notice my wreath has no Christmas themes on it of any kind. To be honest, just the other day, I saw my winter wreath beginning to look a tad bit brown and thought about taking it down, I'm so glad I didn't. 

I created the "Forever Wreath" project perhaps out of spite....no completely out of spite, in order to stick it to the man in my own personal way. I will keep my wreath all year, making sure to update it to the current season in order to be in compliance. Come this December I doubt my wreath will have any pine needles left, but it will still be proudly hanging by my front door.

Thank you for your time.

Forever Wreath - Valentines Day


No comments:

Post a Comment