Wednesday, January 23, 2013

10 Things



I don't know about you, but I don't much like the word "resolution". In and of it self it's not a bad word, but it has acquired a certain reputation of being untrustworthy. One hears the term "New Years Resolution" and instantly thinks "Well that's something that I will never keep doing". I just had a great idea, lets put all the things we want to stop doing on our resolution list.....problem solved.

Truth be told, I like having a "to do" list. Im one of those people who get giddy at the idea of crossing things off as they are completed. Crossing out that "thing" (whatever it is) gives me the sense of slaying it, running it straight through. I may have gone to a dark place just then. What a sense of accomplishment to cross something off your list.


With all this in mind I have decided to create a list of ten things that I want to do this year. Not resolutions mind you, just a list of goals. They range from simple to challenging, but I think I have been realistic. Combine this list with my commitment to follow through and we should be looking at lots of crossed out words. Maybe I should invest in a fatty red marker.


I debated about sharing my list here and have decided that as scary as it is, having accountability may be just the extra push I need to keep me going. I'll begin to share my list in the weeks to come along with my plan of attack.

Do you have a list?

No comments:

Post a Comment