Thursday, December 27, 2012

So This is Christmas.....


and what have you done?
Another year over
and a new one just begun.

This song has been on a loop in my head for the last week. This Christmas I had a rare treat, I had three whole days off in a row. That is practical unheard of when you work in retail and it was truly a Godsend. Over the last few months, just sitting on the couch for an afternoon was most definitely not an option, let alone pondering the accomplishments of the last year, but over Christmas I had the chance to do just that.

I think it's really important to allow yourself those times of reflection. It can be tricky though, especially if you have fallen short of what you had hoped for. Regardless of the things that may have been missed, I know you accomplished some pretty amazing things. Take a quick moment and think of three things that you did this year, that your proud of. Now let me be the first to say...

Nicely Done!!

I know that New Year's is a time to look forward on the year to come and make plans and resolutions, but don't just focus on all the things you want to change. Be encouraged by what you have already done.

Three things I'm proud of doing in 2012:
  1. Finished a Half Marathon
  2. Went back to school
  3. Learned some sweet cooking skills so I can make great meals for my family

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment