Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Baking up a storm


If you have been keeping up with my quest to limit my creative endeavors then you know that we are currently right in the middle of Gardening & Canning season. I talked about my rotating focus here. Im happy to report that the garden is doing well but I'm still a ways out from having anything to can.

What's a girl to do with a little time to spare, a bit of creative energy and a current focus on food? You guessed it bake!!!


I'm absolutely in love with the "Brown Eyed Baker" blog. If you haven't checked it out yet, you MUST...go now! I want to make every one of her cupcakes. My husband and I had a great time making these together. We made the Mojito Cupcakes for my birthday and I made the boys turn of the lights in the kitchen and sing to me while I blew out my candle. I don't think I'll ever grow up :)


I had a ton of frosting left over from the Mojito cupcakes so I found a Margarita Cookie recipe and modified it to accommodate the excess. I couldn't bring myself to throw such yumming frosting away. My son has put in a request for a strawberry Rhubarb Pie, so I better get going. The oven is calling me and perhaps my running shoes too. I'm going to have to burn off all this sugar somehow.

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment