Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Still going


I have had this running update post half finished for the last few weeks, but struggled to finish it up. Today I deleted it all to start from scratch. So whats the deal? I'm still on track with my training plan. In fact I ran 12 miles this last Sunday. I kinda wanted to send out a blanket text to everyone I know to brag about it. I have three weeks left until the big day. I'm excited and nervous and now that I think of it a little scared.


I'm not scared for the race though, I'm scared for the week after, the "Now what?" I know that I need motivation to keep me on track, but I'm not sure I'm ready to sign up for a another race yet. One day I would love to finish a marathon, but knowing the time commitment that is involved with training is giving me pause. If I don't sign up for a race of some kind, will I still get off my but and run? Will running a 10k after I have finished a half marathon be motivating? Maybe its just that typical let down after any exciting event. I want running to be incorporated into my life, not because I love it or am good at it, but because it's good for me. I just realized that although I may never get any meddles for running, I sure have earned a few for over thinking. 

In the next few weeks I'm going to try something new. Running for the joy of running, not worrying about pace or form or distance. I want to run and enjoy the sunshine, the beauty of nature and the fact that my body is able to be active. Now that I know I can finish 13 miles, I just want to have fun. What a novel idea.

Still learning,
Kristen


No comments:

Post a Comment