Thursday, March 8, 2012

5 of 20



Week five was a tough one. Last Monday's run was cut short by pain in my knee. I was filled with fear that I may have to stop training or risk a serious injury. After the mental commitment (not to mention the time commitment) of this 20 weeks of training, the thought that I might have to stop was really aggravating. I took a few days off from running and decided that I needed to put a little more focus on strength training. 

I'm happy to report that so for this week, things are looking up. What surprised me the most from my little brake was the negative effects I noticed from my lack of running. All last week I felt lethargic and unmotivated. I had some extra time in the evenings, but didn't feel inspired to taking advantage of it. I can't tell you how many times over the last month that I have thought of all the things I would be accomplishing at home if I wasn't running, but now I'm wondering if that's true. I do have less time, but I feel I'm better equipped to make the most of it when I'm exercising. I'm sure I will need to remind my self of these epiphanies over the next few month, but for now I run on.


Weekly Totals-
  • Total Miles- 6.21
  • Average Pace- 13.12
  • Total Run Time- 1h, 22m

No comments:

Post a Comment