Thursday, January 19, 2012

Love Incorruptible

I had a rough morning. Nothing was going quite right. With so many things on my "to do" list before heading to work, it would have been so easy to skip my time with God this morning. I'm so glad I didn't.

I was just finishing the book of Ephesians when Paul's last words rang out like a gong. He was closing out his letter by imparting grace to all who love Jesus with love incorruptible.

Wow! How does one obtain incorruptible love? There are so many things in this world that sneak in to our love and corrupt it. The definition of incorruptible is "not subject to decay or dissolution" what kind of love do you know that is capable of that? I think there is only one possible answer, it must be love not of this world. That's the kind of love that I want.

Lord grant me love incorruptible. May the troubles of this world not take hold of me. Let my love for You never decay. Today I pray for a love that will conquer all.

No comments:

Post a Comment