Saturday, May 5, 2012

Something of 20


Im still running and running.......and running. No I haven't stuck to my training schedule completely, but not to worry, this girl is still moving her feet. Once I crossed the half way point something kind of strange happened though, I stopped really caring about the numbers.

Im not going to say that I don't track my runs or pay attention to my pace, it's just that at this point.....who really cares. Im running more, Im running faster and my knee feels less likely to fall off my leg. With a little over a month left in training, I would rather focus on the things that will get me to the finish line in one piece. Who am I kidding, I don't care if I end up in multiple pieces, as long as I finish. If I can make it in under 3 hours, that would be great. The closing ceremonies start three hours after the race begins and I would love to be done before all the food is gone.

From here on out, when I update you on my weekly runs, I will focus more on how I feel than the numbers I ran. Hope you don't mind. Stats are great and all but they dont tell you what's truly going on.

Here's a fun fact for instance, as I was getting my cup of tea ready this morning and had a terribly wonderful realization. I was actually excited about my long run of 10 miles tomorrow morning. If any one finds the screw that's come loose in my head, just let me know. I'll see if I can manage 10 miles with my head rattling around.

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment