Monday, January 30, 2012

Days to Remember

My thrift finds

Buttons in a bathtub. My Mom frequented a fabric store when my sister and I were young. It had an old fashioned tub in the corner filled with buttons; man did I love sitting there and digging for little round treasures. Such great memories.

As my son gets older I often worry about the memories he will take with him, because I know too many don't include me.

I work a lot, not because of choice, but out of necessity. I know that I'm not alone in this plight, but knowing that doesn't change the fact that I have missed so much.

I know that I can't fabricate memories for him, but I do hope the fun times we spend together are more memorable than our times apart.

Boys thrift finds

I hope that today will be one of those days he recalls with fondness. We went thrift store shopping. We searched for treasures and then hit Taco Bell for lunch, I know unhealthy, but it's our thing. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to have an "our thing".

You never know, maybe, just maybe, today will be a day he remembers.

Crazy shoes we found



No comments:

Post a Comment